Where Are My Referral Rewards?
As an approved user, you can refer Celsius to your friends, family and other contacts so that they can unbanked.
The Celsius Referral Program is a way for existing users to introduce new users to the platform to earn interest rewards and passive income on their crypto. The main objective of the Referral Program is for Celsius to onboard new users and their aim is to get the next 100 million people into crypto and centralized finance (CeFi).
As an existing and approved Celsius user, you can send your Celsius referral code to family, friends and other contacts to get them started. Your referral code is a 10 character code that consists of numbers and/or letters. Our referral code, for example, is: 1642578c7d.
What’s the Current Celsius Referral Program and What Do You Get?
Currently, there is a ‘$50 + $50 Referral Bonus‘. A new user has to enter your Referral Code upon sign-up (before approval) and transfer $400 or more in any crypto asset supported by Celsius. The key is that the new user must keep those assets in their Celsius wallet (no withdrawals) for 30 days. After 30 days, both the new user and the referrer gets $50 in BTC for free! That’s why it’s called the Celsius $50 + $50 Referral Bonus.
What’s with the Celsius Referral Program Terminology?
Unfortunately, the referral program terminology is inconsistent between the Celsius Network website, mobile app and desktop app. This is because none of them were designed or developed in tandem with each other. As an existing user, your ‘Referral Rewards’ can be called any of the following (they are all the same):
- Referred Award vs Referrer Award
- Referral Program Award
- Referral Bonus
- Referral Reward
Where Can I Find My Referral Awards?
If you’ve made any referrals to friends, family and other contacts, your transaction list within the mobile app or desktop app will reflect these. However, they are located in different places. We’ll try to explain below:
Celsius Referred & Referrer Awards on Desktop App
Referral Rewards on the desktop app are called: ‘Referred Award’ and ‘Referrer Award’. There are 3 statuses: ‘Completed’, ‘Pending’ and ‘Cancelled’.
There are 3 ways to find your Referral Rewards on the Celsius desktop app:
- View all transactions (but you need to sift through all transactions to find them)
- View your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet transactions only (as all Referrer Awards are paid out in BTC)
- Use the ‘Filter’ feature (not ‘Search’ feature)
The easiest way to find ALL your Referral Rewards is by using the ‘Filter’ feature. However, it must be noted that Celsius uses 2 terms (referrer vs referred for your Referral Rewards:
- REFERRER AWARD: represents ‘Completed‘ rewards whereby all terms & conditions are met and both the new user and the referrer have received their BTC in their wallets.
- REFERRED AWARD: represents ‘Pending‘ and ‘Cancelled‘ rewards. They are marked as ‘Pending’ when a new user has deposited at least $400 worth of assets but have not yet waited the 30 days (lock period where they cannot withdraw). After 30 days, the ‘Pending’ Referred Award will change to ‘Completed’ Referrer Award, and $50 in BTC will be deposited. A ‘Cancelled’ reward is when a new user fails to deposit $400 and/or fails to hold the assets in their wallet for 30 days. Neither the new user or referrer receive $50 in BTC.
*Please note that clicking on each Referral transaction does not currently give you any details about that referrer award nor details about the new user. This feature will be launched in the future.
Celsius Referrals on Mobile App
Referral Rewards on the mobile app are called ‘Referral Rewards‘ and are indicated by a letter ‘R’ on top of circles. There are 3 statuses: Purple Circle means ‘Locked’, Green Circle means ‘Confirmed’ and Red Circle means’ Cancelled’.
You can find your referral transactions by going to your Celsius mobile app and clicking on the Bitcoin (BTC) wallet (as all Referral Rewards are paid out in BTC). You can also click into each referral transaction to see the details about each referral including:
- Amount of BTC (and USD equivalent)
- Their partial email address and partial name
- The time and date when the $50 + $50 Referral Bonus will be unlocked and deposited into both BTC wallets
*Please note that there is currently no way of filtering your BTC transactions to show only Referral bonuses.
There are 3 statuses shown in your mobile app as well, but the terminology is different:
- Confirmed: represents ‘Completed‘ rewards whereby all terms & conditions are met and both the new user and the referrer have received their BTC in their wallets.
- Locked: represents ‘Pending‘ rewards. They are marked as ‘Pending’ when a new user has deposited at least $400 worth of assets but have not yet waited the 30 days (lock period where they cannot withdraw).
- Cancelled: represents ‘Canceled‘ rewards. This happens when a new user fails to deposit $400 and/or fails to hold the assets in their wallet for 30 days. Neither the new user or referrer receive $50 in BTC.
Total Earned through Referral Bonuses
Another interesting stat that Celsius publishes is the total Referral Bonuses (in USD) through the Referral Program. This includes all the $40 or $50 Referral Bonuses paid out reflective of current Bitcoin prices. It DOES NOT include reward interest earned by the people that you referred, only the introductory promotion bonus for opening an account and depositing their first $400 worth of crypto.
You can find this statistic by logging into your account via the mobile app, clicking on ‘Community‘ and scrolling to the bottom of the screen. This feature is not yet available through the desktop app.
Celsius Referral Bonuses In A Nutshell
|Desktop App||Mobile App|
As you can see, the terminology used for Celsius Referral Bonuses is different between the website, mobile app and desktop app. Hopefully this will be updated in the future.
Looking for more Referral Rewards Resources?
Please click on the following buttons to learn more about the Celsius Referral Program and rewards available to you: